Regular Strength – Soft Gel Capsules
- Medicinal Ingredient: Each Unisom® SleepGels® Regular Strength capsule contains 25 mg of diphenhydramine hydrochloride.
- Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol, soy lecithin, titanium dioxide.
- Available in 20 soft gel capsules.
Unisom® SleepGels® is indicated for the relief of occasional nighttime sleeplessness due to overwork or fatigue. Unisom® sleeping aids help to reduce difficulty falling asleep.
Adults and children 12 years of age and over: Take 1 or 2 Unisom® SleepGels® Regular Strength capsules (25 mg) at bedtime if needed, or as directed by a doctor. In some persons, persisting drowsiness may be experienced with 2 capsules, in which case the dose should be subsequently reduced to 1 capsule. Do not exceed the recommended dosage except on the advice of a doctor.
- KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. Do not use with other products containing this medicinal ingredient. Doing so may result in accidental overdose.
- For occasional use only. If sleeplessness persists continuously for more than 2 weeks, consult a doctor. Insomnia may be a symptom of a serious underlying medical illness.
- Do not take this product if you have glaucoma, chronic lung disease, difficulty in urination due to an enlargement of the prostate gland, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, unless directed by a doctor.
- Talk to a doctor or pharmacist before using this product if you are currently taking a prescription drug or other medication.
- Not to be used by elderly patients who experience confusion at nighttime. These drugs may produce excitation rather than sedation in the elderly and should be avoided in this age group.
- May cause drowsiness. Do not drive or engage in activities requiring alertness.
- Avoid alcohol.
- In case of accidental overdose, contact a poison control centre or doctor immediately.
- KEEP AT ROOM TEMPERATURE IN A DARK DRY PLACE (between 15°C and 30°C).
- DO NOT USE IF BLISTER UNIT IS RIPPED OR BROKEN.
Check out our Sleep Tips and Tools section to learn about insomnia symptoms.